STUDENTS’ AFFAIRS OFFICE
The Students’ Affairs Office provides welfare advice to students and also acts as the main channel of communication between the Students Union/students Clubs/Students Association and the University Administration. The office also co-ordinates the activities of all student organizations in the University; and handles matters relating to NYSC, bursaries and scholarships. In addition to the under listed, the students’ Affairs Office is basically saddled with responsibility of catering for students’ welfare and needs. Its activities could be briefly described as follows:
- Coordination of students’ union activities including subject, cultural and social associations. The Office handles Registration documentation of every intending clubs by complying with the laid down rules such as submission of two (2) copies of the proposed constitution, particulars of Executive Officers, names of s staff adviser, who should be a Senior Academics/Administrative Staff.
- It also include liaison between students’ organization and management, advice/guidance to the associations/students union government and registration of all students’ association.
- Processing/coordination of students’ bursary and scholarships: Yearly, application forms for Bursary and Scholarship awards are received from the willing states through their Ministry of Education. List of qualified candidates are compiled and deadline issued for submission. In most cases, payments are effected through the Banks but in the case of Ogun State, officials are dispatched to the University to effect payments to students. The Governing Council at its inaugural meeting held on 3rd – 5th August 2004 approved that the College scholarship should be given to 100 brilliant students of the University to be called “University Scholars” every year. Details of the Award are as follows:
- 100 Scholarships for both Degree and NCE Students based on Students’ population ratio. Out of the overall number of 100 students 90 places are reserved for indigenes of Ogun State and 10 places for non-indigenes.
- The 90 places reserved for indigenes of Ogun State usually spread amongst the 20 Local Government areas of Ogun State.
- The scholarship package means the University would bear the cost of the school fees (excluding school/Department/Association fees) for beneficiaries for the year of award.