14th International Research and Development Network Meeting and Conference
CYIAP Network is a body of professionals (academics/researchers, development practitioners, extensionists, sociologists, psychologists, rural youth development experts and programme leaders in agriculture, etc.) working through research and development activities, to sustain agriculture as the bedrock of the national economy by socializing children and empowering youths towards sustainable occupational interest in agriculture and associated industries. It holds annual conferences and network meetings, rotated among tertiary institutions, national agricultural research institutes (NARIs) where active members exist.
CYIAP Network publishes journals, proceedings, books of reading, authored books and participates nationally and globally in advocacy programmes in support of youth development in agriculture.
Tai Solarin University of Education (Premier University of Education in Nigeria) has been granted the hosting right for the 14th International Research and Development Network Meeting and Conference of Children and Youth in Agriculture (CYIAP-Network) scheduled to hold in the 3rd Quarter of Year 2018.
When: 8th – 11th July, 2018
Where: TETFUND Auditorium, Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ogun state, Nigeria.
The theme of this year conference is Children and Youth in Sustainable Agro-Value Chain: Creating a Prosperous and Peaceful Society which addresses the following thematic areas:
- Youth Welfare and Engagement in Agribusiness
- ICT and Agricultural Value Chain
- Farm and Non Farm Employment Patterns among Youths
- Perception, Attitude and Societal Influence of Youths Participation in Rural Development
- Agriculture and Youth Restiveness in 21st Century
- Gender Issues in Children and Youth Programs in Agriculture
- Children and Youth Programs in Digital Agriculture
- Issues in Childhood Education and Agricultural Development
- Issues of Junior Engineers, Technicians and Scientists Clubs and Agriculture
- Issues of Agricultural Financing and Value Chain
- Technology Transfer in Value Chain – Vocational agriculture, Animal husbandry and production, Forestry, Food products technology, Fisheries, Horticulture, Agronomy etc.
- Social and Political Perspectives of Children and Youth in Agriculture
- Impacts of Agriculture as a Profession on Limited Resourced Youths and Rural Communities
- Responses of Rural Youths to Government-Funded Programs (for example the NDE and YouWin in Nigeria)
- Competitiveness of Youths to Agro-Enterprises Locally, Nationally and Globally (for example Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program; FARA Entrepreneurship program)
Farm children in this context are usually children who by birth are of farmers’ parentage and they are involved in farming activities with their parents. Integration of the Young Farmers’ Congress into the Conference is to explore a close interaction between the Network and the practicing young farmers in sharpening the Agricultural Promotion Policy [APP] initiatives of the Federal Government with a view to ensuring its successful implementation among the next generation of farmers. This is a very vital issue, considering that this is one of the cardinal goals of the government’s development program both at the State and National levels.
The three‐day conference will have the following features:
• Plenary sessions where macro problems and issues are to be probed and discussed
• Parallel sessions where specific and micro problems are examined
• Keynote sessions
• Side workshops on some research breakthroughs and reports
• 1st Ogun State Young Farmers’ Congress to Deliberate on Realization of the Federal Government Agricultural Promotion Policy (APP)
• Methodological workshops on farm child and youth studies
• Annual General Meetings, Awards Ceremonies and Elections of Officers
• Trainings and other fascinating actions
WHO WILL ATTEND?
The conference is relevant to:
• Researchers working on farm children, rural youth, agriculture and rural community development
• Government agencies involved in youth, agriculture and rural development
• Rural infrastructural amenities, facilities and planners
• Youth based technology manufacturers
• Youth development services providers
• Anyone interested in the farm children, rural youth and food security issues.