JUPEB is the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board. It has its headquarters in the HRDB Building at the University of Lagos (UNILAG). The curent chairman of JUPEB as at 2015 is the vice-chancellor of UNILAG in person of Prof. Rahman Bello.
JUPEB was set up to unify the admission process of partner institutions through their respective preliminary programmes.
To be eligible to take examinations leading to the award of JUPEB's Direct Entry Certificates, the candidate must have been exposed to an intensive scheme of academic work relevant to his/her proposed university course.
- Each candidate must register, sit for Examinations and satisfy the Board in three subjects and a General Studies course relevant to the proposed course in any of the universities.
- Each subject is to be broken into four courses to be taken, two per semester, by the candidate. The results in all the courses are to be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain the candidate's grade in that particular subject.
- Each candidate is expected to take twelve (12) courses, six per semester, and a General Studies course.
- The general Studies for courses in each University Faculty will be based on relevant General courses suggested for that Faculty by each university.
- The students upon completion of the programme will be issued certificates based on their level of performance which bear Letter Grades of A, B, C, D,E or F in each of the three subjects and General Studies Paper. For admission into each university, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed
For admission into each university, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examinations for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all other conditions as prescribed by his/her university of choice.
Duration of Academic Programme
The duration of the Programme of courses for the Board's Examination is a minimum of one academic session of two semesters.
It aims to deliver world class services. Visit the JUPEB official website for more information JUPEB WEBSITE
The programme is an intensive coaching curriculum aims at ensuring adequate exposure to fundamental of concepts and preparation of eligible students for university direct entry admission and a good head-start for university work. The courses of study which are those of the unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) subjects. Subjects like Government, Literature in English, Christian Religious studies, Mathematics, Economic, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agriculture, Account, Government and History. The certificate obtained by graduates of the programmed will be tenable in several universities in Nigeria and in some foreign universities.
Meanwhile, the following are the available course in Tai Solarin University of education, ijagun Ogun state
DIPLOMA AND PERLIMINARY PROGRAMMES
TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJAGUN OGUN STATE.
Tel: +234(0)7039395233 +234(0)8060812149